ABWAK Zoo Presentation Skills Workshop
ABWAK are pleased to bring you a repeat edition of our highly successful Presentation Skills workshop. This workshop is primarily aimed at our Associate Members, students, interns and volunteers, to help them progress their public speaking skills in preparation for a career in the zoo industry. However, it would also be beneficial to any zoo professionals who want to perfect and hone their presenting techniques.
This workshop package will build confidence when giving public talks in zoos, give tips on how to handle difficult questions, how to deal with visitors one on one, and includes video presentations from two public speaking legends - Professor David Field and Stephen Woollard (zoostephen.com)
We intend to run this package at colleges throughout the UK to enable it to reach as many of you as possible. Our second run is kindly being hosted by Hadlow College. Students from the college will be eligible to pay our members rate of just £20. Lunch and refreshments will be included in the registration fee. A full itinerary for the day will be issued to delegates after booking. If you have any questions about the event please contact the organiser.
Please have every confidence that Hadlow College will be taking all precautions to follow guidance for COVID 19 restrictions:
· Seating will be 2 metres apart.
· Hand washing facilities and gel sanitisers are available in multiple locations around the college.
· “High touch areas” e.g. desks and chairs will be regularly disinfected.
· Equipment is frequently washed and is kept in specific rooms rather than being transported around the college. There is no sharing of smaller pieces of equipment e.g. stationary.
· Outdoor spaces are available for breaks etc.
· One way systems are in place throughout the college, as well as social distancing markers where appropriate.
· Coronavirus infection control has been added to the college’s first aid policy.
· Masks can be worn throughout the training workshop.
Bookings will not be confirmed unless online registration is completed and full payment has been made. Places are limited.